Altrusa International of Richardson, Inc. held its annual “Outstanding Women of Today—Hearts for Humanity” awards luncheon earlier today in the Richardson Women’s Club’s Founders Hall. During the event, Richardson Mayor Paul Voelker was presented a ceremonial check for $330,168.88 representing the hours of volunteer time invested in the city by the organization in the past year.
Also at today’s event, Altrusa honored 18 women as “Outstanding Women of Today,” chosen for exemplifying leadership and determination in improving the lives of others in the categories of Corporate/Business, Education, Government, Nonprofit and Health Care.
The honorees are:
- Genora Ragsdale, Friends Place Adult Day Services
- Amy Taylor, Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Ashley Akers, The Counseling Place
- Jessica Brazeal, New Friends New Life
- Christina Coultas, Hope’s Door New Beginning Center
- Debra Walker, Ability Connections
- Yvonne Falgout, City of Richardson
- Noura Jammal, City of Richardson
- Aimee Nemer, City of Richardson
- Lindsay Turman, City of Richardson
- Melissa Davis, Richardson ISD
- Julie Horn, Richardson ISD
- Paula Rilling, Richardson ISD
- Courtney Wright, Richardson ISD
- Lauri Kelley, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Yolanda E. Martinez, Prosperity Bank
- Valerie Perkins, L3 Harris Quality Engineering
- Kristen Trest, Ebby Halliday Realtors
Altrusa provides support to City departments and local agencies including the Richardson Public Library, RISD and Network of Community Ministries. It also helps make the Richardson Reads One Book event possible.