The City Manager presented the 2020-21 proposed budget to the City Council Aug. 10. The proposed budget total is $287,369,626, a decrease of $1,592,949 or 0.6 percent from the 2019-20 estimated expenditures of $288,962,575. The budget’s development was heavily influenced by the impact of COVID-19.
Key highlights of the proposed budget include:
- Certified Property Tax Appraisal Estimate decrease of 1.81 percent
- Maintains tax rate of $0.62516
- Maintains the Senior Tax Exemption at $100,000
- Includes approximately $5.376 million for street/alley maintenance
- Provides dedicated funding of $412,580 for park maintenance projects
A public hearing on the proposed tax rate will be held at the Aug. 17 City Council meeting and a public hearing on the proposed budget will take place at the Aug. 24 City Council meeting, after which a vote will take place to adopt the budget and the tax rate.