City staff updated the City Council Monday on executive order GA-36 (issued by Gov. Greg Abbott May 18) and recent changes undertaken by the City related to the order and the continued decline of hospitalizations in the area.
Highlights of the changes include:
- The City is not requiring its employees or visitors to any City facility to wear a mask but is encouraging people who are not fully vaccinated to continue to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- City Hall will continue to utilize a Customer Service Center approach, with all public business taking place in the Grand Hall.
- Recreation centers will return to normal operations June 1 but maintain current hours.
- The Library has opened all four floors to both Richardson residents and nonresidents but is maintaining modified hours. In-person story times begin June 8.
- Animal Services will re-start outreach events with its mobile adoption trailer in June.
- Eisemann Center will be at 75 percent capacity for the months of June and July and will increase to 100 percent by August 1.
A vaccine status update was also given. As of May 22, almost 41 percent of Texans had been fully vaccinated (49.56 percent of Collin County residents and 39.74 percent of Dallas County residents).