The 13th annual North Texas Giving Day will be held Thursday, Sept. 23. The 18-hour “giving extravaganza” sponsored by the Communities Foundation of Texas raises money for North Texas nonprofits through an easy-to-navigate website—with a few clicks of a mouse and one credit card transaction, anyone may donate to any or all of the more than 3,350 nonprofits.
Several nonprofits with close ties to the City of Richardson are participants this year, including:
- Friends of the Richardson Public Library, Inc.
- Eisemann Center Foundation
- Richardson Citizens Fire Academy Alumni Association
- Richardson Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association
- Richardson Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Richardson ISD Foundation
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center Foundation
- Richardson Theatre Centre
- Repertory Company Theatre, Inc.
- Richardson East Rotary Club Foundation
- Junior League of Richardson
- Richardson Civic Art Society
- Richardson Symphony Inc.
- Richardson Community Band
- Richardson Community Chorale
- Richardson Wireless Klub
- Richardson Woman’s Club Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Altrusa International of Richardson Foundation Inc.
- Richardson Adult Literacy Center
- Dallas Chinese Community Center
- Compassionate DFW
- John Bunker Sands Wetland Center
- Network of Community Ministries
- UT Dallas
- The Warren Center
- DFW Wildlife Coalition, Inc.
To donate, visit www.northtexasgivingday.org and search the database for a particular nonprofit organization or interest area, or browse based on location or keywords. Donors may make single donations or designate various amounts for multiple organizations, and receipts are provided.