The elevated water storage tank rehabilitation project that’s been taking place on Holly Drive (between Mimosa Drive and Dogwood Drive, near West Jr. High/Richardson High School) is nearing completion, as evidenced by painting taking place this week. Crews could be seen stenciling the City’s blue “R” logo on the tower’s 1 million-gallon bowl after the tower received a fresh coat of white paint. The project also included removing and replacing the existing interior coatings and other miscellaneous rehabilitation items such as repairing railings.
There are eight elevated storage tanks in Richardson, with each drained, cleaned and inspected every 3-5 years. The Holly water storage tank was built in 1959.