For over 35 years, the City of Richardson, Richardson Chamber of Commerce and Richardson Rotary Clubs have recognized highly deserving Richardson businesses, individuals and projects with the annual Economic Development, Growth and Expansion (EDGE) Awards program.
This year’s EDGE Award recipients have achieved extraordinary success and/or made a significant investment in Richardson, and will be recognized at the EDGE Awards Luncheon Tuesday, Nov. 13:
- Commercial Real Estate Project: Methodist Richardson Medical Center (MRMC) will receive this award for its $85 million facility expansion.
- Community Involvement Award: Lennox International Inc. will receive this award for supporting numerous community groups and causes.
- Education Hero Award: Ken Hutchenrider, president of MRMC, will receive this award for his support of the Richardson ISD Health Science Academy.
- Entrepreneurship Award: Greg Fasullo will receive this award for his leadership as CEO for one of Richardson’s most successful startups, EnTouch Controls.
- Environmental Award: The University of Texas at Dallas will receive this award for attaining Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certifications for six campus buildings.
- Newcomer Business Award: Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP (BAL Global) will receive this award for establishing a new national hub in Richardson.
- Nonprofit Award: The Warren Center will receive this award on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- Redevelopment Award: Tim Tieu will receive this award for redeveloping a rundown, 24,000-square-foot warehouse into The Drawing Board.
- Richardson Loyalty Award: Fujitsu Network Communications, Inc. will receive this award for its three decades of maintaining a prominent Richardson presence.
Other special honors may be announced during the event but could not be included in this article as of press time.
We are proud to salute each of these distinguished honorees for their substantial contributions to the Richardson economy and acknowledge the meaningful impact they have made on our city.
For more information about this year’s awards luncheon or to buy tickets, visit www.richardsonchamber.com or call Shannon Skripka, 972-792-2806.
Kory Aoyama is a sales director for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and a member of the Richardson Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Committee.
“From the Boardroom” is a recurring guest column featuring viewpoints from Richardson business and civic leaders, produced in cooperation with the Richardson Chamber of Commerce.