Pipes cracked from this week’s winter weather are expected to thaw this weekend. If you experience a pipe break, you can minimize damage with these following steps:

  • Shut off the main water supply to the house. The main water shut off valve should be located along an outside wall of the house. It is typically located next to the house’s main water meter.
  • If you cannot turn off the main water supply to your house, call the City of Richardson’s 24-hour Response Line at 972-744-4111.
  • Once the water has been shut off, open all faucets in the house to reduce pressure on the pipes and minimize flooding if the pipes burst.
  • Contact a professional plumber to inspect and make necessary repairs.