The City Manager presented the 2019-20 proposed budget and property tax rate to the City Council Monday. Key highlights of the 2019-20 proposed budget include:
- Certified Tax Roll increase of 7.51 percent
- Maintains tax rate of $0.62516
- Increases Senior Tax Exemption from $85,000 to $100,000
- Includes approximately $5.8 million in street/alley maintenance
- 7.5 percent rate adjustment in water and sewer services
Public hearings on the
proposed tax rate will be held Aug. 19 at 7 p.m. and Aug. 26 at 6 p.m.; a
public hearing on the proposed budget will also take place at 6 p.m. at the
Aug. 26 City Council meeting. All hearings will take place in the City Council
Chambers. The meetings will be streamed live on the City website at www.cor.net/CITV and broadcast live on the City’s cable
TV station on Spectrum, channel 16, and AT&T U-Verse, channel 99. On-demand
replays of the meetings will also be available at www.cor.net/CITV.
For more information, read the press release here https://www.cor.net/Home/Components/News/News/4315/73.