Due to the suspension of all league play, the gates at Breckinridge Park’s A and B parking lots have been closed until further notice, but the park remains open daily. People who wish to visit Breckinridge Park should park at the Keffler Ballfields, where they can use the trail system to access other areas of the park.
Anyone visiting Breckinridge Park or exercising outdoors should follow the following guidelines:
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails—wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- Bring water or drinks since public drinking fountains are disabled.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
Park hours remain 5 a.m.-10:30 p.m. daily. For more information, call Parks and Recreation at 972-744-4300.