Dallas County has enacted an executive order requiring businesses located in the county to have policies in place that require people to wear face coverings in places where six feet of separation is not feasible. The order also includes guidance that anyone 10 years or older shall wear a face covering over their nose and mouth when in a public place where it is difficult to keep six feet away from other people or working in areas close to other coworkers. The order is effective as of 11:59 p.m. June 19.
The following exceptions are allowed under the order:
- When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside
- While driving alone or with passengers who are party of the same household as the driver
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk
- While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment
- While in a building or activity that requires security surveillance or screening, for example, banks
- When consuming food or drink