Have you responded to the 2020 Census? There’s only a few weeks left to respond before data collection ends Sept. 30. While you can still fill out your form online, via phone or by sending in your paper form, census takers are currently visiting households in Richardson who have not yet responded to the Census.
- Census takers work between 9 a.m.-9 p.m., including weekends.
- If no one is home when the Census taker visits, the Census taker will leave a notice of their visit with information about how to respond online, by phone or by mail.
- Census takers will wear masks and follow local public health guidelines when they visit homes.
- All Census takers complete COVID-19 training on social distancing and other health and safety protocols before beginning their work in neighborhoods.
- If residents respond online or by phone today, a Census taker is less likely to have to visit your home to collect responses.
- If you’ve already filled out your form, you may still receive a visit from a Census representative as part of the Census Bureau’s quality assurance program.
A complete and accurate count is critical for Richardson. The results of the 2020 Census will affect community funding, congressional representation, emergency services strategies and more.